Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Update to my Publications

I spent most of the day reading a back issue of Rattle and chasing down more of what I liked online.

Then I re-read some of my stuff and wanted to cry. There are days I really hope nobody read my work. This is one of them.

Sometimes I go back and look at old work and go - EGADS.

But - then I read something I wrote and see that it's the beginning of something. I believe that someday, my writing will mature.

In the mean time, here's a list of people who like my growing pains:

October 15th - "Reclaimed: Original" Reclaimed (3rd place Journey Through The Genres Contest 2011) won the Ocean Magazine Fall 2013 Contest.

October 2013 - Tied for 7th place in the Poetry Superhighway Washed (one of 12 poems I submitted, so I had 11 losers there too hehe).

December 2013 - Acceptance - Strong Verse. Navigating the Hasty Waters & She Said.

February 6, 2014 - Acceptance. Skin Hunger "Skin Hunger" and Invite me In, A poem in Three parts "Poems In Progress" ((ask me for the pass code) Neo's Portmanteau (Upcoming Issue).

Keep writing!

Best,

C

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I felt the same way as you did, especially since English is my second language. Writing takes practice and will mature overtime, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete