Thursday, October 20, 2011

#whyiwrite

Today is the National Writing Project's Why I Write: A Celebration of the National Day on Writing

It's made me stop and think a lot about why I write.

I write because it's an opportunity to explore my creative side. As a busy wife and mother, with a job at OSU and a family business to keep going - I don't have much time to be creative.

Writing lets me make the most of my creative moments. There are no limits. I can explore so many things - my soul, the lives of others, language, even imaginary worlds.

I also write because I am fascinated by the power of words. How things can be communicated, both successfully and unsuccessfully, based on word choice and word order. I love things like connotation, denotation, and context. I love to explore the aspects of language.

But mostly - I write because it's good for me.

And if I get good enough - Perhaps someday it will be 'good' for you too!

Why do you write?

Have a great day. Happy Thursday!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine -

    You won a copy of Write-A-Thon:Write Your Book in 26 Days by Rochelle Melander. You didn't leave your email address, but could you please send me your mailing address to bkwalkerbooks at comcast dot net?

    Thank you so much for stopping into the VBT Cafe'.

    BK Walker
    www.vbtcafe.com

    ReplyDelete