Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pat

As some of you may know, about a year ago, thanks to my bosses, I was able to start a pet sitting business in Stillwater.

I have wanted to start a business for years, and the opportunities all added up at just the right time. Since that day, I have learned a great deal. One of the best things about "the business" has been meeting all kinds of really great people.

One of those really great people was Patricia Imboden.

I'll never forget the first day she called me, looking for a pet sitter for Cashew. I think we were on the phone for 30 minutes. Somehow, we just clicked.

Pat was one of those amazing people. She was outgoing, kind, practical, and giving. She was down to earth, with a full, rich personality. She touched my family in ways she will never know.

Pat died unexpected last Thursday, the day before she was to leave on a trip to Florida.

I'm left with wonderful memories, and a few regrets.

I wish I had written a thank you note for the grape jelly and bread she left us last week.

I wish I had mentioned to her how much I appreciated her story about the guinea pig she had when she was a girl.

I wish ... I had one more day to spend with her learning about her life.

I wish I had shared just how wonderful I thought she was.

So for now, I have to share it with the world.

Please, share your thoughts with those you love. Don't let anything get in the way - let them know how much you appreciate them - today.

No comments:

Post a Comment